JOIN THE REVOLUTION, BE A REVOLUTIONCHERRY!
It was a cold winters’ day in Amsterdam when three friends met over cocktails. As they were sipping drinks such as the wonderful Manhattan, the serious Old Fashioned and a refreshing Whisky sour at their favorite watering hole, the subject turned to a particular annoyance. An annoyance that, to many remained seemingly unnoticed. But to these cocktail connoisseurs was bright as day.
It was meddling with the taste of their drink, where it should enliven it. It took the drink out of balance with its sweetness, where it should add complexity. It should be the joy of the final sip, where now it was a mouth full of sugar. It was……the cocktail cherry.
HONEST, FAITHFUL AND ORIGINAL
Originally meant as the cherry on the cake (literally!), this originally honest, faithful- and perhaps the original!- companion of the cocktail, the cherry had received a horrible treatment in the last 6 decades.
Commercialism at its worst is evidenced by the fact that most cocktail cherries on the market are 90%sugar, their production outsourced to the other side of the planet, or even worse, are not made of cherries at all!
In this day and age, with so much emphasis being put on transparency and knowledge about what we put in our bodies:
HOW CAN A COCKTAIL CHERRY NOT BE MADE FROM CHERRIES?
This puzzled and enraged these friends. So they set out to do something about it! They found out:
- There are many cherries growing in the Dutch Betuwe region not being used for the purpose of cocktails!
- There was already a local distiller in the same Betuwe making artisanal spirits from these fruits.
- Cherries need no chemical additives to be tasty, delicious and shelf stable.
So they created the Revolutioncherry:
- only 11% sugar
- on a base of distilled cherries made in the Netherlands in small batches
- Fresh beet for colour, no other additives!
- Fresh, organic Regina cherries from the Betuwe (NL) only!
- Pitted with hand operated machines, no electronics
Guided by its mascot, Cherry Guevara, now you too can make a change. No longer choose artificial, overly sweet, chemically abused cherries, that throw off the balance of your well-thought-out cocktail concoctions. Join the revolution, be a revolutioncherry! Below you can find how to join and order YOUR jar of cherries, or keep in touch with the revolution.”